Search Picture Book Palooza

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wonderful Wednesday

You Nest Here with Me by Jane Yolen and Heidi E. Y. Temple, illustrated by Melissa Sweet is such a lovely watercolor, mixed media title.  It starts with a mother and daughter, time to go to bed, then continues with other 'nestlings'. It's rhyming and informative about where birds make their nests. 
"Pigeons nest on concrete ledges, catbirds nest in greening hedges, tiny wrens, in shoreline sedges. You nest here with me."
Melissa's illustrations done in watercolor, gouache, and mixed media are expressive and lively.  I just love her style so much.  
It's a comforting story, meant to show your child that their home is with you.  I'll use this with Preschool to 2nd grade.  I like how you could slip this in with a bird theme for Storytime or a parent and child theme.  With all the babies, I took notice of it for Spring.

No comments: