Search Picture Book Palooza

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Wonderful Wednesday

Frances Dean Who Loved to Dance and Dance by Birgitta Sif is a lovely story about being brave.  Frances Dean was afraid to dance around other people, but she so loved to dance.  So little by little she started to share her dance with others.  First it was the birds, then a cat, then a dog, and she moved on to sharing with people.  
The illustrations were done in pencil and colored digitally.  I love the little park, forest area that she's created around Frances Dean.  Her house, school and neighbors are charming, but the animals and nature are even more inviting.  I feel like I would be brave too, if I had those birds, squirrels and critters to encourage me.
I'll use this title with children in Preschool to 2nd grade.

No comments: