Search Picture Book Palooza

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wonderful Wednesday

Where's Mommy? by Beverly Donofrio, illustrated by Barbara McClintock is enchanting.  I have always been intrigued by The Littles and The Borrowers concept.  The fact that a family of mice live in the walls and have all the little stuff they live with is just fascinating.  I had to go back and pour over the pictures to make sure I didn't miss any little thing.
The illustrations were rendered in pen and ink, watercolor, and gouache.  They are very detailed down to the last button on the mobile above Mouse Mouse's bed.  They show the dual lives of the humans and mice quite clearly and I was completely absorbed in the book.  I'll share this with Preschool to 2nd grade, and although I'll try it in a read aloud group, it may be best shared one-on-one.

No comments: