Search Picture Book Palooza

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Terrific Tuesday

It's a Firefly Night by Dianne Ochiltree, art by Betsy Snyder is the perfect summer book.  The rhyming text and charming illustrations will fit in just right for a summer Storytime or read aloud.  I've been reading more on Betsy Snyder and her process and she hand makes textures or picks up items in nature and scans them into the computer and then creates her art from there.  I've seen her art before, but It's a Firefly Night's mixture of blues and greens collage caught my interest and I took a closer look. I love all the different blends and shades of colors.  The entire book is portrayed at night, yet it keeps my attention and keeps me looking at all the surfaces, trees, backgrounds, flowers, plants, and contrasts.  It's a short, simple book, but quite complex in its art.

No comments: