Search Picture Book Palooza

Monday, January 26, 2015

Marvelous Monday

1 to 20, Animals Aplenty by Katie Viggers is a merry rhyming, counting book.  Each animal or set of animals is quite unique and paired with a rhyming quality like llamas in pajamas, chickens reading Dickens, dogs with pet frogs, and so forth.
The artist makes mono prints then puts them into the computer to color them.  It's interesting to look closely at each animal, they have personality and charm. I wish she had identified the frogs, I found the capybaras trying to rhyme with bananas unpleasant to my ear, and that my favorites were the different badges on the badgers and the snakes eating cakes. All and all a totally entertaining counting story with just a few weird quirks, which I'm always up for a quirk.  I'll use this with Preschool and Kindergarten.

No comments: