Search Picture Book Palooza

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Terrific Tuesday

Max and the Tag-Along Moon by Floyd Cooper is a special story about a grandpa and grandson.  On the ride home it seems as if the moon is following Max home.  He misses his grandpa and the moons becomes a comfort to him.
The paintings were created using a subtractive process. The medium is mixed media.  I've read about his subtractive process where he paints with oil paint and uses a stretchy eraser to erase the paint and then he goes back in to highlight and add more color.  I would love to see him work.  I would love to have him at my library or at a school in my area.  
The paintings have a stunning glow to them.  Each spread has a sign in it and I think Prek to 2nd grade could use the signs in the classroom, talking about environmental print. The off-the-beaten track perspective seen in several spreads keep the page turning appeal along with changing landscape as Max travels home.

No comments: