Search Picture Book Palooza

Monday, October 27, 2014

Marvelous Monday

Very Little Red Riding Hood by Teresa Heapy, illustrated by Sue Heap is the toddler version of "Red Riding Hood."  Very Little Red Riding Hood talks in toddler speak and the unique twist on this variant is quite two-year old like.  She totally exhausts 'Foxie' and Grandma.  
The illustrations are done in watercolor and ink.  They have great expression and detail.  I was delighted with the map end papers that lists many 'very little' fairytale people.  I hope this means there are more stories coming.
I'll use this story in Preschool Storytime and with outreach to daycares and schools.  It will be a strong addition to the "Red Riding Hood" tales. I'd say for me, I'll use this with four to five-year olds to second graders.

No comments: