Search Picture Book Palooza

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Throwback Thursday

Starring Me and You by Genevieve Cote is the third installment of the Piggy and Bunny friends stories.  These two, very different, friends are trying to put on a play.  Madness ensues, tantrums are flung, and pouting and shouting commence.  
These two friends have so much kid appeal.  They are toddlers through and through, one minute playing nice and the next minute bickering.  For me, this brings back memories of putting on plays with my sister and friends, hence the Throwback Thursday.  The artwork is mixed media.  I love the blackline and watercolor look.  It shows emotions and expressions fully.  How can such sweet, small creatures have so much inside them? But they do.  
I'll use this in Storytime with the toddlers and Three year-olds.  It will be recommended to parents and caregivers to share with their little ones.
And the frog - it totally cracks me up.

No comments: