Search Picture Book Palooza

Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday Favorites

Ferry Tail written by Katharine Kenah, illustrated Nicole Wong is the story about a dog on a ferry, Walter.  He doesn't feel very appreciated one day and runs off the boat.  He gets lost, but an unlikely ally finds him and leads him back to the ferry.  It's a cute story and kids will love it. 
The art appears to be pen and ink with watercolors.  They are delightfully expressive with the people and animals.  I really love the title page, the next two pages, and the one with the family picture, on the island.  The water and sky is terrific.  I haven't used pen and ink much myself.  There are some great details and this is a heartwarming dog story. OK, I admit it, I love the play on words in the title too.

No comments: