Search Picture Book Palooza

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Throwback Thursday

The Nuts: Bedtime at the Nut House by Eric Litwin, illustrated by Scott Magoon is the nuttiest story of all.  What happens when your little nuts won't go to bed?  Do you use your Big voice?  This silly book will have kids and parents all over the world singing 'We're Nuts!' as they bounce their way to bed.  I picked this for my Throwback Thursday because it brings back memories of my childhood and how my sister and I always stalled going to bed.
The digital illustrations were created using Adobe Photoshop and a very nutty imagination.  The cartoon like art is so entertaining and it is sprinkled with puns.
I'll use this in Preschool Storytime and with Kindergarten to grade 2.  I'll be telling all the parents and teachers about this one.  It's another easy-going story from the guy who authored Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes.  Check out the Nut Family website here.

No comments: