Search Picture Book Palooza

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wonderful Wednesday

Oliver's Tree by Kit Chase is the absolute cutest book that I've seen in a long time.  Right away I want a little stuffed Oliver elephant to sleep with all night.  The three friends are so adorable.  The are playing hide-and-seek and Oliver has trouble hiding in a tree.  It's too big, or too small, and he decides that elephants just don't belong in trees.
The art was done in watercolor with pen and ink.  There is plenty of white space and the pages go back and forth with full spreads to small white space for the text, and some bigger white space.  I can see someone making a whole line of baby sheets, stuffed animals, curtains, pillows out of this book.  The art is so delightful my first look had me imagining a baby room with this art on wallpaper, framed art, you name it.  This is Kit Chase's first picture book.  This tale of friendship, I hope, will have more titles following in its kind.

No comments: