Search Picture Book Palooza

Monday, April 28, 2014

Marvelous Monday

Henny by Elizabeth Rose Stanton brings a brand new creature to life.  Henny is a chicken with arms.  Now at first glance I did not like the look of her.  It brought flashbacks of the Wiegman dogs and the combo of animal and human stuff is just weird.  But I decided to give her a chance, after reading Jules interview with the author/illustrator here.
Henny is like anyone who is a little different.  And she's a sweet personality and I've grown to love her well.  The soft pencil and watercolor illustrations are comforting and tell the tale of an odd chicken with charm. I hope to see more Henny stories.  This is Elizabeth's first children's book.  Bravo!
 I'll use this is Storytime and I think it would be great to recommend to teachers and parents to use with their children. 

No comments: