Search Picture Book Palooza

Monday, February 3, 2014

Marvelous Mondays

If You Hold a Seed by Elly MacKay is the first picture book I've seen where the artist uses Yupo paper.  It's a plastic type paper and the paint keeps moving until it is completely dry.  She sets her art up in a little stage and takes pictures of it and it is just amazing.
This title is about a tree and how it begins with one small seed and how it grows through seasons and years.  It will work well for Preschoolers to 3rd graders.  I'll use it with a theme on trees or plants, but it would also be a good book for discussing how anything grows and changes through the seasons and years.
I'll recommend it to parents and teachers to read with children. Here is an idea for teachers.  And I can't wait to show this book to my watercolor teacher!  Find out how Elly's process works and watch her trailer for this title here.

No comments: