Search Picture Book Palooza

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thankful Thursday

The Long, Long Line by Tomoko Ohmura was first published in 2009 in Japan, and in North America in 2013.  There are 50 animals all lined up waiting for something.  then you find out that it's a whale roller coaster.  
We received this book in August, and I don't know how I missed it.  It's fabulous. It fun and silly too!  But in a good way.  You find the animals playing games, talking, trying to get the sheep to keep up, and getting bored and yawning.  Finally we get the the #1 animal and it's the elephant.  He steps onto the whale and all the animals follow for a fantastic ride.
I don't know how they all cling on when the whale dives under water, but it's pretty well unanimous that it's time for another one, when they're done.
I'll use this in Storytime and will preschoolers to second graders. I think kids will love trying to guess why the animals are standing in line.

No comments: