Search Picture Book Palooza

Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday Favorites

Who Goes There? by Karma Wilson, illustrated by Anna Currey is about Lewis the mouse as he's getting settled in for winter.  He hears some odd scratching noises and is afraid of what big, bad animal is trying to get inside.
I enjoy Karma Wilson's writing.  It started with Bear Snores On, which was quickly my favorite, at the time, and I still enjoy her books so much, I have her on author standing order.  Check out Karma's website, here, for lots of fun stuff to do in class or at home.
The illustrations for this book were rendered in pen and ink and watercolors.  I admire how Anna draws with the pen and ink and with the paint, how she lets the colors blend on the paper and how she pictures Lewis' imagination of the bad animals that have come to disturb him.
Who Goes There? is a favorite of mine, already.  I can't wait to share it with a group of children.  I'll use it with older preschoolers, and Kindergarten through Second grade.

No comments: