Search Picture Book Palooza

Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday Favorites

It's Time to Say Good Night by Harriet Ziefert, illustrations by Barroux is a lovely good morning, good night story.  One of the reasons for this favorite for Friday is Harriet Ziefert, the author.  She's a been around forever, but she uses different illustrators, and I think that helps keep her books fresh and new.
The child-like pictures herald a great shadow and light approach to the art.  I'm a little hesitant about an artist with just one name, but I do like his art, so I won't let that stand in the way of liking the artist.
I'd use this title with toddlers and older preschoolers, it would fit in well with a what do we do all day theme, or good night books, or even a theme on farms.  I'll try it on my Storytime kids this week and we'll if they love it as much as I do.

No comments: