Search Picture Book Palooza

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday

I'm changing the Wednesday theme to 'wonderful!"  There are so many great children's books that come out in the Autumn that I don't want to miss a one!
On My Way to Bed by Sarah Maizes, illustrated by Michael Paraskevas lively romp to avoid going to bed.
There are lots of details in the toys and ways that Livi deliberately, slowly dodges bedtime.  It has the 'parent' voice saying, "Bedtime!" "Don't forget to brush your teeth!" and others while Livi describes all the ways she can play as she goes to bed.
There is strong imagination in the story and in the artwork. And Mom finally comes along and we see her coaxing and cajoling Livi to move along; first a drink, then a kiss goodnight, and I like how it ends with Mom trying very hard to get Livi to wake-up.  Here we go again...
The art was created with a Wacom Cintiq tablet in Painter and Photshop. The illustrations are bright, cheerful and engaging.  This book makes me want to experiment with Painter and Photshop.  

2 comments:

Sarah Maizes said...

How "Wonderful" to find your review of my book! I am so happy you liked it and honored by your mention!!! All my best, Sarah (Maizes)

diannaburt said...

Thanks Sarah! Such a fun story!