Search Picture Book Palooza

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

That's a Long way to go

The latest picture book that we received at my branch is: Cousin Irv From Mars by Bruce Eric Kaplan.  It is a humorous story, with a twist.  The different subjects are varied in this story - for example a cousin that actually comes for a visit from Mars, to getting along with relatives, and learning to appreciate that we all have good qualities, to moving away when a parent gets a new job.  The pen and ink drawings done with watercolors are too cute. I love when the teacher gets vaporized, I recognize those shoes! When Cousin Irv has to go home, you'll feel like you're loosing a friend too.  
I would use this story for Preschoolers, but also with K-3rd graders. I think that 2nd and 3rd graders would love the humor in this, and I'm not sure if the Preschoolers and Kindergarteners would get it.  We'll see!

No comments: