Search Picture Book Palooza

Monday, February 11, 2013

Rough and Tumble

It's a Tiger by David LaRochelle, illustrated by Jeremy Tankard
It's a Tiger! by David LaRochelle, illustrated by Jeremy Tankard is full of surprises.  It starts off easy going, just going to share a story, but wait what is that?  It looks like a.... TIGER! RUN!
The guy in the story is having no luck getting away from that tiger.  It's full of fun and silliness.  I first met Jeremy Tankard's work in Grumpy Bird and you see a little of that style here.  The illustrations were rendered in ink and digital media.  They are bright, eye-catching, and inviting.
I know this book will be popular in Storytime, because I plan on catching the kids unawares and yelling, "TIGER! RUN!"  And I'm sure they will want to read it again!  I can imagine every little boy and girl loving this story, and looking for tiger tails everywhere.

No comments: