Search Picture Book Palooza

Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Heartwarming Story

The Reader by Amy Hest, illustrated by Lauren Castillo is a lovely story that warms my heart.  I used to read to my dog and this book brings back those fond memories.
Drawn with ink and watercolors, The Reader is the ticket for this gray, dreary winter day.  A Children's Librarian understands the bond a book can be between a parent and child, or in this case a child and dog.
The winter scenes ring true and show the day long snowy adventure that is reminiscent of Ezra Jack Keat's Snowy Day.  
I went looking for Lauren's website and found this blog, Seven Impossible Things, that does interviews with artists.  She goes in depth about how the artist's process flows, so I know I'll start following it.  

No comments: