Search Picture Book Palooza

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Never Forget...

Well, I've never done this before on Picture Book Palooza.  I'm going to mention a book I haven't read yet. In honor of those lost on September 11, 2001, my post for today is The Survivor Tree: Inspired by a True Story by Cheryl Somers Aubin, illustrated by Sheila Harrington.  I looked at it's record on amazon.com and perused the 'look inside' feature and believe I would love this story and it's charming watercolor art.
From the front cover shown and the other pages you can see, I was intrigued enough to find the illustrator, Sheila Harrington's blog, each entry is accompanied by a piece of artwork. 
Here is an article about the Survivor Tree.
I will purchase a copy of this book for myself and for my library.

No comments: