Search Picture Book Palooza

Friday, April 13, 2012

A Whimsical Fart Story

A Giraffe Did One by Jerry Pallotta, illustrated by Tatjana Mai-Wyss shows a lot of animals doing something, but what is it?  The kids will have it figured out after a couple of pages.  The artwork, done by Tatjana Mai-Wyss, take a look at her blog.  
From the children's illustrator's website: "Most often she uses watercolor and gouache, adding detail and texture with collage and colored pencils. Her black and white work is usually done the old fashioned way, in india ink with a dip pen."  So many of the animals in the story, aren't actually saying, "Excuse me." But their faces say it for them.  
I really like her watercolor work and it's playful style, which follows the rhyming words.  
This will be a great addition to my 'bodily functions' Storytime.  I don't call it that with the kids, but it's my own little joke. It would be great for manners or funny sounds too!

No comments: