Search Picture Book Palooza

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hmmm, which one of my family is Vivienne?

The Messy One by Christianne Jones, illustrated by Juana Martinez-Neal is about the messy one in the family.  And how the messy one became a little less messy.  I really like the bright colors, and mixed media that the artwork shows.  I had a hard time finding the author's contacts and website, but the illustrator's Juana Martinez-Neal's Website is great!  From her site she says: "I use everything and anything that I can find and that I feel fits the piece. From tissue paper to burlap, from beads to wire. I love the unexpected."  


Even the end pages look and feel like cloth.  I have been practicing watercolor art for a couple of years now, and I love to use different techniques with the watercolors too.

No comments: