Search Picture Book Palooza

Thursday, December 22, 2011

More Music

I Know a Shy Fellow Who Swallowed a Cello by Barbara S. Garriel, illustrated by John O'Brien follows the rhyme and rhythm of "I Know an Old Lady".   I found some illustrator info on John O'Brien here. But no website for him.  The author, Barbara Garriel, as many authors has done so many interesting things.  I like to take a look at the websites of authors and illustrators to see what else they've done.  "I Know A Shy Fellow" could be used to study different instruments.  I would use it for Preschool and up to the elementary age.  Because of it's use of different instruments, it has a wide appeal to higher grades to have fun.  You could be used as a memorization tool or just silly fun.  The illustrations appear to be pen and ink with watercolor, but that information wasn't added in the book.

No comments: