Search Picture Book Palooza

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Time for Snow

Perfect Snow by Barbara Reid features two boys, Jim & Scott and how excited they are about the snow that came down last night.  At first Jim tried building a fort, and Scott wants to do a snowman.  But they end up working together, and getting all the other kids to help to build the biggest, best snowman fort ever!  
The color illustrations in this book were made with Plasticine that is shaped and pressed onto illustration board. The drawings were done with ink and watercolor paint. The Plasticine really gives the artwork depth and texture.  After I read this book, I don't what I wanted to do most - go find some play dough or wish for a ton of snow so I could go play outside... since it's way to early for snow, in my opinion, then play dough it is!

No comments: