Search Picture Book Palooza

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Making a Farm

Story County: here we come! by Derek Anderson is silly and fun.  A farmer, chicken, cow, pig, dog, and crow make a farm to live on and enjoy.  The author/illustrator's website www.derekanderson.net has many fun features.  One thing I couldn't find was exactly how does he paint his pictures.  They appear to be pen & ink with acrylics, but I could not find that fact.  Derek has done a whole gallery of great books.  I think he would be a good pick to illustrate the collaborative summer reading pieces in an upcoming year.  Maybe I just need to put a bug in someone's ear!  Story County used some great imagination, and my favorite character is pig, who makes whatever he wants or needs from his mud.  This is a very entertaining story.

No comments: