Search Picture Book Palooza

Monday, October 17, 2011

Heebie-Jeebie Jamboree


The Heebie-Jeebie Jamboree by Mary Ann Fraser is one of those true Halloween - Trick-or-Treat books. Daphne and Sam find two tickets out of thin air to go to a very Halloween carnival/circus - in a graveyard, of course.
There's a brew-off and the fun crypt. Don't forget to stop by the Goblin Pie Contest or a look into Madame Mystere's crystal ball. There's a wild ride on a monster roller coaster and a truly haunted house. My favorite is the "rolling bones" concert! And I love the imagery of a 'butterscotch' moon. The Heebie-Jeebie Jamboree is a great addition to my Halloween collection. It makes me wish I had a free ticket to it!
The illustrations are done in acrylics and I like the background texture.

No comments: