Search Picture Book Palooza

Monday, August 22, 2011

Grumpy Cat


Grumpy Cat by Britta Teckentrup, published in 2008 is a heart-warming story. This picture book has bright bold colors and depicts the grumpy cat as a lonely cat, until kitten comes along. This story could fit in on a storytime, or read aloud in a group in a classroom. I like the idea that many grumpy 'people' or cats are really only lonely and might need someone to be friendly. As a public librarian, I have found this to be so true.
I emailed the artist to find out how her artwork was done and this is her reply:

"I would call my technique 'digital collage'....

it's a mix of printing and digital illustration.

I print all the textures first, scan them in and 'cut & collage' everything together on the computer."

Her website is here.


No comments: