Search Picture Book Palooza

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Earth Day Offerings

We received a new book, Earth Friendly Crafts: Clever ways to reuse everyday items by Kathy Ross and illustrated by Celine Malepart.



Earth Day is April 22, so this is way ahead of schedule on postings I usually do. I don't know what's wrong with me, except the Earth Friendly Crafts gave me some ideas and I want to follow up on them before Earth Day comes and goes. Kathy Ross has two other Earth Day books - Every Day is Earth Day and All New Crafts for Earth Day.

Another crafty book on the recycle subject is Nifty Thrifty Art Crafts by Heather Miller.


The publisher, Enslow has several other Nifty Thrifty offerings.

My favorite so far is Make It! by Jane Bull, published by Dorling Kindersley Limited. I knew there was a reason I loved DK.



So I'm planning on some earth friendly crafts during our Spring Break, the first week of April, as well as an afterschool craft time Wednesday, April 22.


No comments: