Search Picture Book Palooza

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Storytime

Squirrel Stories
Used for Storytime in the library, and November Outreac
h Storytimes.

The Squirrel
Whisky, frisky, hippity hop,
Up he goes to the tree top!
Whirling, twirling, ‘round and ‘round,
Down he scampers to the ground.
Furly, curly, what a tail!
Tall as a feather, broad as a sail!
Where’s his supper? In the shell,
Snappity, crackity, out it fell.

Little Squirrel, Little Squirrel
Little squirrel, little squirrel
What do you see?
I see acorns on the ground.
Little squirrel, little squirrel
What do you see?
I see leaves floating down.
Little squirrel, little squirrel
What do you feel?
I feel the wind blowing through the tree.
Little squirrel, little squirrel
What do you feel?
I feel winter drawing near.


Five Little Squirrels
Five little squirrels sitting in a tree.
The first one said, “What do I see?”
The second one said, “Some nuts on the ground.”
The third one said, “Those nuts I found.”
The fourth one said, “I’ll race you there. “
The fifth one said, “All right, that’s fair.”
So they shook their tails and ran with glee.
To the nuts that lay at the foot of the tree.

Little Squirrel
(tune: Did You Ever See a Lassie?)
I saw a little squirrel, A-pickin' up acorns.
I saw a little squirrel, she ran up a tree.
She ran up and ran down.
And ran up and ran down.
A busy little squirrel,
As busy as could be.

Squirrel Stories
Animals in Fall by Martha E. H. Rustad
Busy Little Squirrel by Nancy Tafuri
Just One! By Sam McBratney
Micawber by John Lithgow
Nuts to You! By Lois Ehlert
One Wide Sky by Deborah Wiles
Sody Sallyratus by Teri Sloat
What Will it Rain? By Jane Moncure

No comments: