Search Picture Book Palooza

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Library Day in the Life

Day 5 - I work 12-9 today. When I came in at noon, I got caught up on email and reg. mail. I had a stack of books to go through to decide if I want to use them in my programs this year. I was working on school-age programs. I entered my groupings in our e-vents and added to a document for each Wednesday and the topic. The first Wed of each month I'm going to do Go Green! Crafty Recycling, creating a new craft from recycled materials every month. The 2nd Wed of the month is Music, Mayhem & Movement, joining singing, dancing and games together. The 3rd Wed. is kidz club, and the 4th Wed is Seriously silly science. I think it will be a fun bunch of afterschool programs this year. I've asked our graphic person to make a handout for the whole Afterschool Adventures and a poster for each specific 1st Wed, or 2nd Wed, etc. It takes a lot of time to figure out what you want to do. But this kind of organization really helps me later. It's time consuming now, but it saves me time later. I don't know who effective our online calendar will be, so I want to make sure I mail info out to the schools in my area or drop the items by to give to the media people. I'll give them a poster and handouts for all the kids. I hope I can improve my #s this year. We've had some low attendance the last couple of years, so I'm working on getting the bods in the door. I've looked through some fun program books, like Rob Reid's Family Storytime, Something Funny Happened at the Library, and Something Musical Happened at the Library. For the science topics - good ole mailbox gave me some info to work on with their Science in a Box, for 2nd-3rd grader and another one for 4th -6th graders. Now I have a few last minute things for storytime tonight, and then on desk til we close at 9. We're staying with the "Catch the Reading Bug" theme and doing ladybugs tonight.

No comments: