Search Picture Book Palooza

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Storytime


We're holding a You and Your Smile storytime this week and next.

Some fun books:

The Mixed-Up Tooth Fairy by Keith Faulkner



Brush Your Teeth Please by Leslie McGuire



and

Andrew's Loose Tooth


Some fingerplays and songs my groups enjoy:

The Dentist Song
(tune: Jimmy Crack Corn)
The dentist says, Please brush your teeth.
The dentist says, Please brush your teeth.
The dentist says, Please brush your teeth.
And you'll have a healthy smile.
The dentist says, Please floss your teeth.
The dentist says, Please floss your teeth.
The dentist says, Please floss your teeth.
And you'll have a healthy smile.
The dentist says, Please eat good food.
The dentist says, Please eat good food.
The dentist says, Please eat good food.
And you'll have a healthy smile.




Brush your teeth
(tune: Row, Row Row your Boat)
Brush, brush, brush your teeth.
At least two times a day.
Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning,
Fighting tooth decay.
Floss, floss,floss your teeth.
Every single day.
Gently, gently, gently,gently,
Whisking Plaque away.
Rinse, rinse, rinse your teeth.
Every single day.
Swishing, swishing, swishing, swishing,
Fighting tooth decay.

This is the Way
(tune: This is the Way we Wash our Cloths)
This is the way we brush our teeth,
Brush our teeth, brush our teeth.
This is the way we brush our teeth,
So early in the morning.
Brush 'em up and brush 'em down,
In little circles or round and round.
Don't brush 'em from side to side,
Those sugar bugs will surely hide.

I've been Brushing
(tune: I've Been Working on the Railroad)
I've been brushing with my toothbrush,
Brushing everyday.
I've been brushing with my toothbrush,
It's how I fight decay.
All my teeth are gonna sparkle,
How proud I will be.
Every time I want to smile,
My teeth will shine for me!
My teeth are gonna shine,
My teeth are gonna shine,
My teeth are gonna shine for me.
My teeth are gonna shine,
My teeth are gonna shine,
My teeth are gonna shine for me.






No comments: