Search Picture Book Palooza

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Outreach


Gingerbread Boy & Girl

I'm a little gingerbread boy. (Boys bow.)
I'm a little gingerbread girl. (Girls bow.)
I can jump,
And I can twirl.

I have raisins
For my eyes.
And bright red buttons,

Just this size.

I have a mouth,
It looks like this.

I can even blow a kiss.

I'm warm and tasty,
But don't eat me.
Hang me on your Christmas tree!

A Gingerbread Boy (tune: Farmer in the Dell)

A gingerbread boy, a gingerbread boy,

We’re going to make, we’re going to bake,

A Gingerbread Boy.

First you add the flour, the sugar and the spice,

We’re going to make, we’re going to bake,

A Gingerbread Boy.

Then you stir and mix, then you mix and stir.

We’re going to make, we’re going to bake,

A Gingerbread Boy.

Then you roll the dough, and cut it carefully.

We’re going to make, we’re going to bake,

A Gingerbread Boy.

Then you let it bake, and then you take it out.

Oh, what a treat, we’re going to eat,

A gingerbread boy! – CRUNCH!


Gingerbread Man

Stir a bowl of gingerbread

Smooth and spicy brown

Roll it with a rolling pin
up and up and down
With a cookie cutter,

Make some little men.
Put them in the oven
till half past ten!

I'm a Gingerbread Kid
(tune: I'm a Little Teapot)

I'm a Gingerbread Kid, Oh, so sweet
From my head, down to my feet.
I ran from the oven, out the door.
Now watch me run, and run some more!


Eat, Eat Your Gingerbread Boy

(tune: Row, Row, Row Your Boat)

Eat, eat your gingerbread boy, before he runs away. Faster, faster, faster please,

Don’t let him get away!

Catch, catch the gingerbread boy,

Catch him, yes, today.

Faster, fasterfaster still.

For he has run way.

Say bye-bye to the gingerbread boy. Say good-bye today. Say so long for he is gone.

The fox ate him today.



1 comment:

Jen said...

I love, love, love doing gingerbread. Thanks for the great ideas!