Search Picture Book Palooza

Monday, October 22, 2007

What to Read

I'm not too sure about the whole what I'm reading being considered "consumption." I do want to absorb what I read, but I don't want to destroy it or engross it. I'll just stick to what I've read that I like. That falls into the category of picture books today.
Where the giant sleeps by Mem Fox, ill. by Vladimir Radunsky is very clever. You get the big picture, then the small picture and then the big picture. Very intriguing. This is for 2nd grade or older, IMHO, because you have to be able to see the picture within the picture. The next one: The Crocodile Blues by Coleman Polhemus is a nearly wordless book. Done in very few colors, with some great story narrative going on, I just love this book. It is smart and ingaging.
3rd pick of the day is Bad Kitty by Nick Bruel. This book even has a couple of bites out of it. The cat is in contention for the worst cat in the world (with my sister's cat Tumbleweed) and is just hilarious. Bruel has another one out with kitty called: Poor Puppy, bad kitty meets a puppy.
And my last pick for the day is What will Fat Cat Sit On? by Jan Thomas. It seems that fat cat will sit on just about anything, poor mouse, look out! Then fat cat is hungry, more suspense to follow...

No comments: