Search Picture Book Palooza

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Preschool Storytime

Had All God's Children come to storytime today. They are a great bunch of kids, 6 plus 1 adult caregiver. They really get into the 'sparkle wands' I ordered from Oriental Trading. The sparkle wands look like Christmas tree tinsel but in all colors, and a plastic wand. I use the "Dippin' in the Paintbox" song from the CD of the same name by Gail Benton and Trisha Waichulaitis. I bought this cd when I was at a PLA conference in Phoenix. They had a great workshop and were a lot of fun. Their presentation had a ton of activity and songs and movement. I'm trying to up the level of 'entertainment' in my storytimes to attract more kids and parents or caregivers. They also have written Ready-to-go-Storytimes. Also during storytime today, we taste tested 5 different kind of apples and read Pepo and Lolo and the Red Apple by Ana Martin Larranaga and Albert's Field Trip by Leslie Tryon. We sang Way up High and ended with our shakers. I usually use Kid's Make Music songs "Shake & Stop," and Hap Palmer's "Rock'nRoll Freeze dance." After storytime we made apple buddies, a small hand-sized apple with pipe cleaner for arms and legs. They love those!! Happy Reading

No comments: